Intern Call for
Association for Trauma Outreach and Prevention (ATOP) Meaningfulworld 2017-2018 (Click Here)
Association for Trauma Outreach and Prevention (ATOP) Meaningfulworld 2015-2016
All internships are conducted under the supervision of both Dr. Ani Kalayjian-Founder and CEO of ATOP, Board of Directors of ATOP, and Ann Molloy, Intern Coordinator & United Nations Representative for ATOP.
1. PR, Fundraising, Program Coordinator: Plan events and social gatherings to raise funds
2. Grant Writer/Researcher: Assisting the Grant Committee to research & write grants, apply for awards, disseminate the work through printed materials
3. United Nations Internship: Presence is essential on Thursdays to attend international meetings, & join DPI and CoNGO Committees. One year minimum.
4. Webmaster: Upload photos, press release, and reports on our website.
5. Digital Media: International footage from our humanitarian missions. Successful candidate could make a short film for YouTube for educational outreach
6. Intern Coordinator: Interviewing, managing weekly assignments, and weekly communiction
Location: Although based in the New York Metropolitan Tri-State area, United States, international internships are also welcomed & available.
Internship requirements can be fulfilled from home (own state or country) and may lead to travel opportunities. Monthly meetings are essential to join through skype or teleconference. Monthly training programs are highly recommended and are in person.
Time commitment:12 months – 2 years, 8-10 hours a week (some internship less hrs)
Prospective Interns should have goals in harmony with the mission of our organization:
At Meaningfulworld, the ultimate goal is to prepare a generation of conscientious individuals who are guided by love, peace, passion, and meaning. Meaningfulworld is dedicated to fostering a meaningful, peaceful, and just world in which every individual enjoys physical, mental, social, economic, and spiritual health. A sense of meaning, peace, and justice, although unique to each individual, is achieved through a transformative journey that integrates knowledge and experience with a sense of responsibility and reflection. This transformative process is also attained through healthy relationships that nurture open, honest, and transparent communication, insight into forgiveness, love and spiritual connection, and active collaborations.
Benefits of Internship with ATOP of Meaningfulworld:
Exposure to international scholars, improve cross cultural insight, discount at monthly Humanitarian Outreach Certificate Training programs, group healing facilitation, career guidance, thesis or dissertation advice, research assistance, publishing opportunities, social networking, opportunities to travel globally, letters of reference, spotlight in Meaningfulworld ATOP Newsletter and Website, mentoring, attending international conferences at United Nations, and guidance for leadership.
Kindly send your resume, statement of purpose, internship position of interest, 3 goals consistent with our mission, and writing sample to Dr. Kalayjian at DrKalayjian@meaningfulworld.com.
To learn more about our organization kindly visit: www.meaningfulworld.com
Association For Trauma Outreach and Prevention (ATOP)
Announcement for Internship Availability
All internships are conducted under the supervision of Dr. Ani Kalayjian – Founder and Director of the ATOP
Internships include the following:
- To assist with current fundraising initiatives i.e. Katrina and Rita Hurricanes, and Earthquake in Pakistan
- To prepare tsunami drawings for auction
- To plan a fundraising event
- To contact local organizations for material donations, t-shirts, office supplies, etc.
- To contact corporate sponsors for grants and monetary donations in collaboration with PR.
- To maintain and update list of contacts -news, past and future donors, volunteers, etc.
- To write and sent press releases, letters of solicitation, gratitude, invitation, updates, etc.
- To start a newsletter
- To maintain contact with country representatives from past outreach programs
- To contact local school/churches/hospitals to plan events, fundraisers, lectures, raise awareness
- To contact other similar not-for-profit organization for collaboration.
- To create a web page for Association with Timeline of Outreaches, video clips, narratives, pictures, forms, etc.
- To maintain site and update information
- To create LOGO!
Videography and Photography:
- To edit tsunami video and create short film with raw footage
- To prepare video clips for website page
- To video tape and photograph events as needed
- To create short film with volunteer interviews
- To photograph members of committees for website and newsletter and photograph events of the Association.
There are several research projects available: Spirituality, tsunami follow ups, earthquake in Pakistan, Hurricanes Andrew long term follow up, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita immediate impact and follow ups, impact of long term trauma such as Genocide, Vicarious Traumatization, etc.
- Assist with obtaining information/literature regarding any current and ongoing research projects
- To enter data – SPSS -
- To maintain list of relevant lectures, education opportunities, presentation/publication opportunities, etc.
Any creative contributions are welcomed and greatly appreciated A preceptor will guide you initially and as needed throughout your term.
Kindly send your resume and short statement of purpose and length and kind of internship needed to:
Dr. Kalayjian: E-mail: DrKalayjian@meaningfulworld.com
And follow up with a call to make an appointment at: 201 941-2266.
Any creative contributions are welcomed and greatly appreciated. A preceptor will guide you initially and as needed throughout your term. Kindly send your resume and short statement of purpose and length and kind of internship. Internships are available in summer (deadline June 15), Fall and Spring ( deadline August. 30). Interns are featured in our newsletters as well as website.